History

The story of Emmanuel began in 1958, in a rented single-storey terrace house at 25 Everitt Road. It was then a branch of Elim Church, and was called Elim Chapel.

The name “Emmanuel Assembly of God” was adopted in 1969 when the church became a sovereign church affiliated to the Assemblies of God of Singapore. As the Lord added new souls to Emmanuel, the church soon outgrew its facilities and, from 1980, it became necessary to meet at rented halls for Sunday morning services.

The Lord provided for our growing needs, and the present site at 165 Upper East Coast Road, then a single-storey building, was purchased in August 1985. The Lord continued to bless the church, and soon, we had to hold multiple services to cater to the growing congregation. In 1996, the property was demolished to make way for a new four-storey building.

After just 17 months of construction, the new church building was officially opened on April 18, 1998. This spelled another phase of development in the life of Emmanuel.

Glory to God!